Caring for Your Poinsettia
Did you know? The poinsettia is a 'short day plant', which means it produces its flower when the days get shorter and the nights get longer.
Caring For Your Poinsettia
You can keep your poinsettia looking fantastic all winter long, well into the new year! Here's how.
- Place in a spot with lots of bright, natural light - a south, west or east window is best!
- Water thoroughly when the soil surface is dry to the touch
- Place near hot or cold drafts, such as near windows or doors, or vents
- Leave standing water in the saucer
- Let the plant touch a cold window - this could damage the leaves!
- Place within reach of pets or unmonitored children
The colourful leaves near the top, called bracts, will remain bright and beautiful if the temperature does not exceed 22 degrees Celsius.
To learn more about poinsettias check out our video "A Poinsettia Story".
If you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.com or visit us in store!